Five for Friday died, one of those slow fade-outs where I barely even noticed it was gone.
It happens. I liked FFF, but, y’know, I was tired of it.
So here’s the reincarnation, SPARK.
I know you see what I did there, so clever! 😉
I hope you have a most excellent weekend planned doing something, or nothing, and I hope you enjoy some of these sparks.
I’ve got some lovely photos coming next week, promise.
- A projectionist’s timelapse of the process while showing Tarantino’s newest, The Hateful Eight.
- [NSFW] Some of the gifts a busy camgirl gets.
- “Good artists copy, great artists steal.” This photographer is ripping off other photographers, is he a thief or a great artist?
Any room, therefore, has sound embedded in its fabric, just from having been lived in by people. All houses are haunted by the voices in the walls.
- Mourning Bowie has left a feeling of him being more alive and relevant than ever.
- How to Catch a Bird, a hauntingly beautiful stop motion short by Vera van Wolferen based on one of her childhood memories.
When I was eight; my dad taught me how to fish,” says Wolferen. “He told me to take the worm off the hook after fishing, but I had no idea why. After fishing I forgot about the worm and left it dangling on the hook. If I only knew then what the consequence of this action would be.”
- [NSFW] Photography as performance art
The world as we know it is in transformation — politically, economically, socially, culturally and technologically. Anyone wanting to know how design can facilitate or even accelerate this change would be well advised to look to the south, especially at Africa…
- Danish psychotherapist / artist Johan Deckmann makes fake book covers which comment on society as he sees it.
- Grimes has got a new video out, wow!
- Winter always gets me, no matter what.
But if anyone knows how to enjoy winter, it’s got to be the Norwegians.
… a word, koselig, that means a sense of coziness. It’s like the best parts of Christmas, without all the stress. People light candles, light fires, drink warm beverages, and sit under fuzzy blankets.”
- Why it’s strangely comforting to hear men complaining that they can’t have it all.
- Gorgeous document and meditations on modern cowboys in Lucas Foglia’s Frontcountry
SPARK // Firechild Photography // Dublin Photographer